Continuing the colour theme, we’re taking a look at the colour orange. For many, this colour can be especially annoying, drawing attention on light coloured clothing and fabric. Orange stains can come from a variety of sources, from solid or liquid forms of orange to pasta sauces and even squash! So the next time you’re on the receiving end of an orange stain, check back here to find out our top stain removal tips.
Oranges can be a tricky fruit to eat, especially when they’re not totally ready to be eaten! Stubborn skin, or too much pressure, can cause juice to spurt from the fruit, sometimes landing on your clothing. Tangerines, clementines and mandarins also suffer from the same problem, but fortunately it’s easy to get the stain out with the help of Vanish.
With orange stains, stain removal can be simple:
- Using Vanish Napisan Oxi Action Inwash Gel, pretreat the stain with 2ml or more of gel.
- Gently rub the stain with the base of the pod, allowing it to work into the stain for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Finally, place a pod of 100ml of gel into the washing machine (front load or top load) with your clothing, and wash.
Once dried, the stain should be gone!
Of course, if this happens often, you might want to switch to a mandarin, which are easier to peel.
Normally thought of as a red stain, in fact tomato sauce stains can come in a variety of colours if mixed with spices, other ingredients, or when watered down. Depending on how you prepare, you could end up with a stain on a sleeve, or right down your front! Fortunately, you can follow these tips to wash them off.
- With Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder, soak your clothing with 30g of the
powder in seven litres of water.
- Soak the item for up to two hours.
- Pop in the machine with another dose of Vanish. There, good as new!
Squash and Pumpkin
A much rarer stain, but squashes (and pumpkins!) can leave your clothing a little more orange than before. Whether it be from a carving accident, or from boiling a vegetable to even juicing, a mishap or mishandling can lead to a stain. Fortunately, as with anything stain
related, you can tackle it head on with our tips.
- Scrape away any excess vegetable from your top that might have
- Add 90g of water to 30g of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder, mix vigorously and apply the solution to the stain.
- Allow to set for five minutes, and then wash as usual.
4. The stain should disappear!